The Got Craft? spring edition is back on Saturday, May 10th and Sunday, May 11th, 2014 from 10-5pm at the Maritime Labour Centre – 1880 Triumph Street, Vancouver. With a whopping 40% new vendors, you’ll want to make sure to check out some fresh faces and returning favourites!
Abeego Designs Inc, Along Came the Fold, amore natural products, Amrita Designs, Batch Sweet Kitchen, Cabin + Cub, Carli Marie Jewelry Design & Production, Carmen Thompson Jewellery, Carmen West Creative, Clutch Jewels, Coconama Chocolate, craft’ed, Dancing Leaf Design, Davie & Chiyo, District Dogs Designs, DIY or Die!!!, Dorrit + Millie, Draw Me A Lion, Elgin Vine Hand Made, Fable Naturals, Feest, Firefly Notes, Float On Gluten Free Bakery, g ceramic & co. , Grains to Goods, honey canada, Jerk With A Camera, Minimoc, Karla’s Specialteas, Kohana, LanaBetty, Little Wren Designs, Make Cheese Inc. , Meiku Designs, Miishka Handbags, mimi, Pickle Punch, Port Paper Co., Quirky Paper Co., Reflections, Reminded Designs, Sarah Mulder Jewelry, Sassy Contessa, Sea to Sky Seasonings Inc., Sedated Clothing, Shi Studio, Strathcona 1890 Urban Seed Collections, The Beautiful Project, the candid confectioner, The Salt Dispensary, Thistle Town Toys, Urban Sketcher Won Kang, Veespoke, Wildflower Designs, A Cagey Bee, anonum design, Black Drop Designs, BuenoStyle, Designs by Val, Simple Soap, Divina Denuevo & Pieces of II, Element Botanicals, Foe and Dear, Forest & Waves, Green With Envy, irit sorokin designs, Locomotive Clothing, Raven’s Rest Studio, Recover Me Design, Shuswap Infusions Tea, Twig Prints, Delish General Store, jen ellis designs, The Hive Printing, We Are Local, Portobello West, Knit Social
find more here:
web | facebook | twitter | instagram
illustration + design by The Beautiful Project
Oh, hey! It’s been awhile hasn’t it? Our holiday break turned into a new year break and here we are almost at the end of February! So, what’s new with all of you? We both started work contracts at the beginning of the year and have been busy getting those set up. We’ve also been waiting patiently for more updates on our shop space for London Fields Shoppe. If you have been following along, we first viewed the space 39 weeks ago, signed our lease 18 weeks ago, and are happy to announce that we finally received a permit for phase 1 of our renovations! It’s definitely been a long process, but we are super excited to move forward with an expected opening in early May 2014! We’ll be posting more pictures once we get everything going, so please follow along here as what will be one crazy ride! Thank you to everybody that visited us at our pop-up shop last month. If you missed it or have your heart set on something, we’ve been shooting products all week and will have them listed in the online shop soon.
Also, I’m jumping in here quickly to let everybody know that applications for the Got Craft? 2014 spring edition close at midnight (PST) on Friday, February 28th. Here are the details for the upcoming event:
Saturday, May 10th and Sunday, May 11th, 2014
Maritime Labour Centre
1880 Triumph Street, Vancouver
Online applications are available here (scroll to the bottom).
Postcard design by The Beautiful Project
A huge thank you to our amazing team of vendors, volunteers, and sponsors for working so hard to make Got Craft? such a success! Also a big thank you to everyone that came out to shop and support local indie business. We love our community of supporters! If you missed out on the fun or are looking for more, the London Fields Shoppe Pop-Up is open until Monday, December 23rd.
We have plenty of vintage and handmade goods currently in stock both from local artists as well as some from the US and the UK including Forest & Waves, Wondermade, Mellifera Bees, Richard Fairhead, Linus Kraemer, Herbivore Botanicals, think & ink studio, little low studio, Merchant and Mills, the Beautiful Project, and more! There’s also plenty of one of a kind vintage items including Christmas decor for any last minute holiday trimmings.
We’re adding things daily, so make sure to stop by and say hello!
London Fields Shoppe Pop-Up
Open until Monday, December 23rd, 2013
845 East Hastings (next to Les Amis du Fromage) between Hawks and Campbell, Vancouver
9:30am to 6:30pm
web | facebook | instagram | twitter
postcard design by the beautiful project
The time is finally here! Got Craft?, Vancouver’s largest indie craft fair, is taking place this weekend and here are our top 5 things to do at the show!
- DIY WORKSHOPS – There will be plenty of free workshops hosted by Spool of Thread (see project above), Bead Freaks, and DIY or DIE. If you are interested in letterpress, space is still available for Sunday’s paid workshop with District Dogs Design. Register here.
- WIN – We have plenty of giveaways taking place right now, so make sure to enter for your chance to win some fun prizes such as a swag bag from here and here as well as our 12 Days of Giveaways taking place on our Facebook page here.
- VISIT – We are super excited to welcome Poppytalk, UPPERCASE, and Etsy to the event this year. Make sure to visit their tables and say hello in person!
- FOOD TRUCKS + SHOPPING LOCAL – This is your chance to cross everybody off your holiday list by shopping from 75 local vendors. Need to take a break? Grab a quick bite from one of the food trucks that will be set up outside including The Pie Shoppe, Varinicey Pakoras, Taser Grilled Cheese, and Eli’s Serious Sausage.
- POP-UP – Our new pop-up shop, London Fields Shoppe, will be open from December 12-23 at 845 East Hastings between Hawks and Campbell Avenue next to Les Amis du Fromage. Permanent space to open in spring 2014. We’ll be posting more details about this soon!
Saturday, December 14th 10-8pm
Sunday, December 15th 10-5pm
Maritime Labour Centre
1880 Triumph Street, Vancouver
web | facebook
image via spool of thread
The first 50 people through the doors at Got Craft? on both Saturday, December 14th (10-8pm) and Sunday, December 15th, 2013 (10-5pm) at the Maritime Labour Centre will receive a FREE swag bag! Designed by The Beautiful Project and hand printed by Locomotive Clothing, each bag is stuffed with a selection of goodies from our vendors and our lovely sponsors including MailChimp and UPPERCASE magazine.
Square,the official payment processor of Got Craft?, will once again be providing six gift certificates with a combined valued up to $300.00*! Certificates will be randomly placed in 3 swag bags each day, so be prepared to arrive early!
Four ways to enter:
- Visit the Got Craft? vendor page here and leave a comment below with the name of the vendor you are most excited to see! = 1 entry
- Retweet “RT to enter to win a #GotCraft swag bag filled with handmade goodness courtesy of @LFieldsShoppe – http://bit.ly/1bjs9nv” = 1 entry
- Share one of the images above on Instagram and tag #GotCraft or @LFieldsShoppe with a link to our website – http://gotcraft.com = 1 entry
- Share one of the images above on Facebook and tag #GotCraft or the Got Craft? page with a link to our website – http://gotcraft.com = 1 entry
Prize will be available for pick up at Got Craft? (front desk). Winner will be notified by email.
Contest closes Thursday, December 12th, 2013 at noon (PST)
* 1x $75, 1x $50, and 1x $25 gift certificate to be used at Got Craft? 2013 will be randomly placed in three swag bags each day. First 50 paid attendees through the doors each day will receive a swag bag.
With Got Craft? quickly approaching on Saturday, December 14th and Sunday, December 15th at the Maritime Labour Centre, we are kicking off the month of December with 12 days of giveaways! Above is just a sampling of some of the handmade gifts that you can win including goods from GroovyGlassGirl, Designs by Val, Wolf & Sadie, Locomotive Clothing, Make & Mercantile, and more.
Full details are above, but you’ll have to follow us on Facebook here to play along!
Got Craft? vendor, Edward Juan from Forest and Waves will be taking over the Chinatown Experiment this week with his very first pop-up retail store! Ed first contacted me last year when he was relocating from the US to Vancouver and I remember instantly falling in love with his work. As an avid surfer, and with him completing the NYC marathon last Sunday, it is no surprise that the store will be specializing in outdoor inspired goods – hence the name, Forest and Waves.
Along with his locally designed line of paper goods and tea towels, he will also carry a selection of clothing, home decor from Pigeon Toe Ceramics and LandonDix, skate boards from local designer Would Boards, and fabric pouches from Roxypop. I’ll be behind the counter giving Edward a helping hand, so stop by and say hello!
Forest & Waves Pop-Up Retail Store
Friday, November 8th to Sunday, November 24th
Mon-Fri 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Sat 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Sunday 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
434 Columbia Street, Vancouver
website | facebook | twitter | instagram
Don’t miss the launch party on November 8th from 6:00-9:00pm!