The time is finally here! Got Craft?, Vancouver’s largest indie craft fair, is taking place this weekend and here are our top 5 things to do at the show!
- DIY WORKSHOPS – There will be plenty of free workshops hosted by Spool of Thread (see project above), Bead Freaks, and DIY or DIE. If you are interested in letterpress, space is still available for Sunday’s paid workshop with District Dogs Design. Register here.
- WIN – We have plenty of giveaways taking place right now, so make sure to enter for your chance to win some fun prizes such as a swag bag from here and here as well as our 12 Days of Giveaways taking place on our Facebook page here.
- VISIT – We are super excited to welcome Poppytalk, UPPERCASE, and Etsy to the event this year. Make sure to visit their tables and say hello in person!
- FOOD TRUCKS + SHOPPING LOCAL – This is your chance to cross everybody off your holiday list by shopping from 75 local vendors. Need to take a break? Grab a quick bite from one of the food trucks that will be set up outside including The Pie Shoppe, Varinicey Pakoras, Taser Grilled Cheese, and Eli’s Serious Sausage.
- POP-UP – Our new pop-up shop, London Fields Shoppe, will be open from December 12-23 at 845 East Hastings between Hawks and Campbell Avenue next to Les Amis du Fromage. Permanent space to open in spring 2014. We’ll be posting more details about this soon!
Saturday, December 14th 10-8pm
Sunday, December 15th 10-5pm
Maritime Labour Centre
1880 Triumph Street, Vancouver
web | facebook
image via spool of thread
It’s that time of year again! The next Got Craft? Holiday Edition will mark our 14th show in Vancouver and we are super excited to announce an amazing line up of crafters! The holiday show is always a big event for us and we have tons of fun things planned including new DIY workshops, longer hours, wine and beer service, a new look book, new swag bags, and more giveaways! Check out the full line up >> here <<
We want to thank everybody that took the time to submit an application for this years’ show and are grateful for the amazing support that we received. Each year, the number of applications outweigh the available spaces and it is always a difficult process to narrow down our vendor list. To continue our goal to make it the best event that we can, we are happy to announce that 25% of the vendors at the next show are new!
Thank you to MailChimp, UPPERCASE, Poppytalk, Scout Magazine, Matchbox Creative, Square, Locomotive Clothing, and Spool of Thread for the continued support.
illustration and design by The Beautiful Project
Thank you to everyone that attended Got Craft? last weekend! Despite the last minute changes, we had another amazing event and owe it all to our amazing vendors for their flexibility and to our volunteers that went above and beyond to make sure that the transition to the new venue went as smoothly as possible. We also want to thank all of our followers for their words of support, retweets, likes, and emails over the past week. We truly was amazed by the number of messages that we received and how everybody was ready to lend a hand in spreading the word. The Got Craft? holiday show is scheduled for Saturday, December 14 and Sunday, December 15th. Vendor applications are available online here.
We’ll be taking a short trip to Toronto, ON tomorrow morning to work on another event. I’ll still be tweeting and instagramming (did I just make that into a verb?), but plan on taking a wee break from the blog to refresh and catch up on everything else. See you back here soon!
A big shout out to our ah-mazing sponsors: MailChimp, UPPERCASE magazine, Square, Spool of Thread, Scout Magazine, Poppytalk, and Locomotive Clothing.
image via [stu-di-o] by jeanie | rings by little wren designs
While we catch an early morning flight to Toronto for the One of a Kind show, hop on over to Poppytalk where I wrote a contributor post about one of the shops I visited during my trip to San Francisco!
We truly believe it takes a village and Got Craft? is no exception. Sending out big hugs and hi-5’s to our friends and sponsors today, because we truly couldn’t produce one of the most anticipated craft fairs in Vancouver without you!
(in no particular order) Poppytalk, The Beautiful Project, [stu-d-io] by jeanie, Scout Magazine, ArtsyDartsy, Spool of Thread, Matchbox Creative, Locomotive Clothing, delish magazine, Cargoh, Stephanie Salido, Barefoot Contessa, Blue Olive Photography, Samantha Wagner, and the pauhaus.
image via tinizine
Find me over at Poppytalk today with a London shop tour of Sunbury Antiques Market! Although it isn’t technically a brick and mortar shop, Sunbury has to be one of the most amazing markets for antiques and vintage goods that I have ever visited. We will definitely have a schedule a visit when we return this summer! See the full tour here.
photo by Ana Maria