A huge thank you to our amazing team of vendors, volunteers, and sponsors for working so hard to make Got Craft? such a success! Also a big thank you to everyone that came out to shop and support local indie business. We love our community of supporters! If you missed out on the fun or are looking for more, the London Fields Shoppe Pop-Up is open until Monday, December 23rd.
We have plenty of vintage and handmade goods currently in stock both from local artists as well as some from the US and the UK including Forest & Waves, Wondermade, Mellifera Bees, Richard Fairhead, Linus Kraemer, Herbivore Botanicals, think & ink studio, little low studio, Merchant and Mills, the Beautiful Project, and more! There’s also plenty of one of a kind vintage items including Christmas decor for any last minute holiday trimmings.
We’re adding things daily, so make sure to stop by and say hello!
London Fields Shoppe Pop-Up
Open until Monday, December 23rd, 2013
845 East Hastings (next to Les Amis du Fromage) between Hawks and Campbell, Vancouver
9:30am to 6:30pm
web | facebook | instagram | twitter
postcard design by the beautiful project
The time is finally here! Got Craft?, Vancouver’s largest indie craft fair, is taking place this weekend and here are our top 5 things to do at the show!
- DIY WORKSHOPS – There will be plenty of free workshops hosted by Spool of Thread (see project above), Bead Freaks, and DIY or DIE. If you are interested in letterpress, space is still available for Sunday’s paid workshop with District Dogs Design. Register here.
- WIN – We have plenty of giveaways taking place right now, so make sure to enter for your chance to win some fun prizes such as a swag bag from here and here as well as our 12 Days of Giveaways taking place on our Facebook page here.
- VISIT – We are super excited to welcome Poppytalk, UPPERCASE, and Etsy to the event this year. Make sure to visit their tables and say hello in person!
- FOOD TRUCKS + SHOPPING LOCAL – This is your chance to cross everybody off your holiday list by shopping from 75 local vendors. Need to take a break? Grab a quick bite from one of the food trucks that will be set up outside including The Pie Shoppe, Varinicey Pakoras, Taser Grilled Cheese, and Eli’s Serious Sausage.
- POP-UP – Our new pop-up shop, London Fields Shoppe, will be open from December 12-23 at 845 East Hastings between Hawks and Campbell Avenue next to Les Amis du Fromage. Permanent space to open in spring 2014. We’ll be posting more details about this soon!
Saturday, December 14th 10-8pm
Sunday, December 15th 10-5pm
Maritime Labour Centre
1880 Triumph Street, Vancouver
web | facebook
image via spool of thread
Got Craft? vendor, Edward Juan from Forest and Waves will be taking over the Chinatown Experiment this week with his very first pop-up retail store! Ed first contacted me last year when he was relocating from the US to Vancouver and I remember instantly falling in love with his work. As an avid surfer, and with him completing the NYC marathon last Sunday, it is no surprise that the store will be specializing in outdoor inspired goods – hence the name, Forest and Waves.
Along with his locally designed line of paper goods and tea towels, he will also carry a selection of clothing, home decor from Pigeon Toe Ceramics and LandonDix, skate boards from local designer Would Boards, and fabric pouches from Roxypop. I’ll be behind the counter giving Edward a helping hand, so stop by and say hello!
Forest & Waves Pop-Up Retail Store
Friday, November 8th to Sunday, November 24th
Mon-Fri 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Sat 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Sunday 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
434 Columbia Street, Vancouver
website | facebook | twitter | instagram
Don’t miss the launch party on November 8th from 6:00-9:00pm!
Amongst the feeling of self doubt, I felt a change in the air last April. I have been fluttering here and there trying to decide where this blog was headed or even to keep it going. Last Tuesday, marked my 2 month “summer leave” and although, I thought about the blog often, it has been an amazing feeling to just shut down the computer and walk away. I feel that my priorities have shifted in the best of ways. I am savouring this time… going on adventures… experiencing life. I needed some time to clear my head and find my inspiration and I’m happy to announce that I’m back and kicking things off with a field trip over to the Delish General Store!
Delish General Store is a mom and pop (online-until-now) shop that celebrates the revival of the handmade and home grown, extol the virtues of getting your hands dirty, and the pioneering spirit. They carry hard-to-find, “didn’t-know-I-needed-this-until-I-found-it”, hip, handy and heritage-inspired products. Always a HUGE hit at Got Craft?, Delish General Store has taken over the Chinatown Experiment store front this weekend to host their first pop-up!
Delish General Store Pop-Up
Saturday, August 18th + Sunday, August 19th, 2013
10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
434 Columbia Street, Vancouver
images via mister beyers
If you haven’t already visited the Caste Projects Pop-Up shop, you are in for a treat! For the month of August, husband and wife team Hanahlie and Caleb, have set up a temporary design shop and open studio workspace in Vancouver. In addition to launching a small collection of furniture and homewares, they also carry a selection of curated products from local and international designers including my favourite, Henderson Dry Goods (wall mirrors) and Herriot Grace (kitchen items). You can see a full list of participating designers and shop details on their tumblr site here.
Caste Projects Pop-Up Shop, 196 Kingsway at 10th Avenue, 11-5pm every day except Sunday noon-5pm.