The time is finally here! Got Craft?, Vancouver’s largest indie craft fair, is taking place this weekend and here are our top 5 things to do at the show!
- DIY WORKSHOPS – There will be plenty of free workshops hosted by Spool of Thread (see project above), Bead Freaks, and DIY or DIE. If you are interested in letterpress, space is still available for Sunday’s paid workshop with District Dogs Design. Register here.
- WIN – We have plenty of giveaways taking place right now, so make sure to enter for your chance to win some fun prizes such as a swag bag from here and here as well as our 12 Days of Giveaways taking place on our Facebook page here.
- VISIT – We are super excited to welcome Poppytalk, UPPERCASE, and Etsy to the event this year. Make sure to visit their tables and say hello in person!
- FOOD TRUCKS + SHOPPING LOCAL – This is your chance to cross everybody off your holiday list by shopping from 75 local vendors. Need to take a break? Grab a quick bite from one of the food trucks that will be set up outside including The Pie Shoppe, Varinicey Pakoras, Taser Grilled Cheese, and Eli’s Serious Sausage.
- POP-UP – Our new pop-up shop, London Fields Shoppe, will be open from December 12-23 at 845 East Hastings between Hawks and Campbell Avenue next to Les Amis du Fromage. Permanent space to open in spring 2014. We’ll be posting more details about this soon!
Saturday, December 14th 10-8pm
Sunday, December 15th 10-5pm
Maritime Labour Centre
1880 Triumph Street, Vancouver
web | facebook
image via spool of thread
I was searching for egg cups on Etsy this morning and came across Jess Quinn Small Art. Using fabric, paint, and clay; she creates original works of art, handcrafted gifts, and small accessories for the home.
“Welcome to my shop, I am Jess Quinn and this is a collection of my own designs, made by myself, I draw, sculpt, sew and paint. I love using a variety of materials, The collection is fluid, always developing, most items are one of a kind, I hope you enjoy my creations as much as I have enjoyed making them.”
See more here: blog | etsy shop
These cross stitch necklaces by Lisa Anderson Shaffer, the designer of Zelma Rose design are absolutely stunning.
“When I sit down in my studio to design for Zelma Rose, I reference a kaleidoscope of ideas and images. As an artist, I am a hunter and a gatherer. A visual editor, a collector, a cultivator, and a farmer of ideas and design. Sometimes a design will come to fruition in a single afternoon, other times it is the careful cultivation of successes and failures over the span of a year.”
Inspired by quality craftsmanship and storytellers, Lisa comes from a long lineage of seamstresses and carpenters who believe, in her words, that function + quality + artistry = beautiful design. We couldn’t agree more!
See more of her work here:
etsy | blog | facebook
images via Zelma Rose
Taking inspiration from the Italian countryside where she grew up, I’ve been crushing on the porcelain badges and illustrations by Nadia from AtelierGilet. Meet Scott the cat who loves Earl Grey and knit jumpers!
etsy | blog | flickr
images via AtelierGilet
These original hand cut and hand stitched felt brooches by hanaletters are amazing. Inspired by illustrated children books, small animals, fairy tales, and Korean life; Alina creates miniature pieces of art.
etsy | blog | facebook | flickr
all images via hanaletters
These custom hang tags from jewelry designer Junghwa give a personal touch to any gift or wedding favour! Each message and ribbon colour can be customized to the occasion. Don’t want flowers for your wedding? Decorate with one of these and send each of your wedding party down the aisle with a heartfelt message. Read her designer interivew on Jarfly here or visit the links below!
web | blog | etsy
images via amy stewart
Handmade in the Netherlands, each delicate ring is is made using a piece of real paper confetti that has been covered with a layer of resin. Available in 5 colours – green | yellow | orange | light blue | raspberry …
‘You only need one confetti to remember the party’
Bestautolenders.com Free Auto Calculator
etsy | blog